I am a research scientist at Owkin working at the intersection of machine learning and healthcare. I did my PhD in Machine Learning at INRIA and Ecole Normale Supérieure in the SIERRA project-team in Paris, France. My advisors were Francis Bach and Alessandro Rudi .
I hold a master degree in Machine Learning from Ecole Normale Supérieure Paris-Saclay and a double-bachelor in Mathematics and Engineering Physics from Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya in Barcelona.
More information in my resume.
Email: alex [dot] nowak-vila [at] inria [dot] fr. Physical address: INRIA Paris, 4th floor, Office C416, 2 rue Simone Iff, 75012 Paris.
- Causal inference.
- Structured output prediction.
- Statistical learning theory.
- Kernel methods.
- Nowak-Vila, A.- Structured Prediction with Theoretical Guarantees PhD thesis. [pdf]
- Nowak-Vila, A., Rudi, A. and Bach, F. - On the Consistency of Max-Margin Losses to appear (Oral) in International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Statistics (AISTATS), 2022. [pdf]
- Eboli, T*., Nowak-Vila, A*., Sun, J., Bach, F., Ponce, J, Rudi, A. - Structured and Localized Image Restoration. preprint. [pdf]
- Nowak-Vila, A., Bach, F., and Rudi, A. - Consistent Structured Prediction with Max-Min Markov Networks. Proceedings of the International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML), 2020. [pdf] [slides] [code]
- Nowak-Vila, A., Bach, F., and Rudi, A. - A General Theory for Structured Prediction with Smooth Convex Surrogates. preprint. [pdf]
- Nowak-Vila, A., Bach, F., and Rudi, A. - Sharp Analysis of Learning with Discrete Losses. Proceedings of the International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Statistics (AISTATS), 2019. [pdf] [poster]
- Nowak-Vila, A., Folque, D., and Bruna, J. - Divide and Conquer Networks. International Conference on Learning Representations (ICLR), 2018. [pdf] [code] [poster]
- Nowak-Vila, A., Villar, S., Bandeira, A., Bruna, J. - Revised Note on Learning Algorithms for Quadratic Assignment with Graph Neural Networks. PADL Workshop at ICML 2017. [pdf] [code] [poster]
Link to my Github.