- Born 1975 in France
- French citizen, Vietnamese origin. My academic name is Phong Q. Nguyen, which can be written as 阮風光 in Chinese characters.
- INRIA research professor (DR1) in Cryptology. My affiliations are: Inria and DIENS/PSL (France)
- List of program committees and boards
- 2008-: Inria research professor
(namely directeur de recherche DR1)
- 2015-: Hosted by the University of Tokyo (Japan) as Visiting Professor.
- 2011-15: Hosted by the Institute for Advanced Study of Tsinghua University (China) as Guest Professor.
- 2008-11: Hosted by the CRYPTO/CASCADE team of École normale supérieure (France).
- 2000-08: CNRS junior researcher (chargé de recherche) hosted by École normale supérieure.
- 1997-2000: Teaching assistant in Computer science, Université Paris 7 - Denis Diderot.
- 2015-19: French director of the Japanese-French Laboratory for Informatics, CNRS UMI 3527.
- 2013-15: European director of LIAMA, the Sino-European joint lab in Computer Science.
- 2011-15: Head of the CRYPT team, joint between INRIA, Tsinghua University and Chinese Academy of Sciences, and hosted by Tsinghua University. From 2013, CRYPT was also joint with CWI.
- Habilitation à diriger des recherches, Université Paris 7, 2007.
- Ph.D. at the Computer science department of the École normale supérieure, 1996-1999.
- Passed the National Agrégation de Mathématiques, 1997.
- Graduate student of the École normale supérieure de Lyon, 1993-1997.
- ERC Advanced Grant (2020) PARQ: Lattices in a Parallel and Quantum World.
- Program co-chair of EUROCRYPT 2013 and 2014.
- Keynote speaker at EUROCRYPT 2011.
- Best Paper Award at EUROCRYPT 2006: joint work with Oded Regev.
- 2001 Cor Baayen Award.
- Algorithmic number theory: lattice reduction and integer factorization.
- Real-world cryptography: smartcards, video games, DVD, etc.