Topics not covered on the final
- Model checking (from one of the first few lectures on logic).
- Complexity theory (except for the concept of "polynomial time" of
which you only
need an intuitive idea). You may be asked to design a polynomial
time algorithm but you will not be asked to prove its running time.
- The travelling salesman problem
- The probabilistic method (used for proving a lower bound for Ramsey numbers). This is Theorem 64 in the appendix.
- Kuratowski's theorem
- Combinatorial game theory
- The four colour theorem
- Partially ordered sets (it appears in the appendix but we did not
get to cover this topic).